(1) MODEL - Which model Argus camera do you have?
Please refer to the reference photos above and the model notes below,
MODEL... A B AF AA FA A2B A2F Don't Know
(2) SERIAL NO. - What is the camera serial number? Be
sure to include any alphabetic prefix or suffix.
(3) BODY COLOR - What color is the body of your
SELECT BODY COLOR... Black Gray Ivory/White Brown Olive
(4) APERTURES - What are the lens apertures (f/stops)
as shown on the front or side of the lens?
SELECT APERTURES... 2.9, 3.5, 4.5, 5.6, 6.3, 8, 11, 16 4, 5.6, 8, 11, 16 4.5, 5.6, 8, 11 4.5, 5.6, 8, 11, 16, 22 4.5, 6.3, 9, 12.7, 18 6.3, 9, 12.7
(5) LABELING - What is the labeling on the front of
SELECT LABEL... Argus-Ilex-Precise IRC f-4.5 Anastigmat Argus IRC f-4.5 Anastigmat Argus I.R.C. Argus
Anastigmat f 2.9 - 5 CM Argus f 6.3
Anastigmat Triplet Argus Anastigmat Argus f4 Anastigmat Prontor II
(6) SHUTTER SPEEDS - What are the shutter speeds as
shown on the ring around the lens?
SELECT SHUTTER SPEEDS... Time and Inst 25, 50, 100, 200, B, T 175, 100, 50, 25, 10, 5, 2, 1, B, T T, B, 200, 100, 50, 25 T, B, 150, 100, 50, 25
(7) TRIPOD SOCKET - Looking at the bottom of the
camera, with the lens facing up, is there a tripod socket on the base
of the camera?
TRIPOD SOCKET? Yes No
(8) REWIND KNOB - How thick is the rewind knob on the
bottom of the camera?
THICKNESS... Thin (less than 1/8 inch or almost 3mm thick) Thick (approximately 3/16 inch or 5mm thick)
(9) FLASH SOCKET- Are there two holes on the side of
the body to connect a flash?
FLASH SOCKET? Yes No
(10) CAMERA BACK - What material is the back of the
camera made of?
SELECT BACK MATERIAL Steel Aluminum Brass Not Sure
(11) BACK DESIGN - Is there a design on the camera
back? (Please refer to figure two, below)
SELECT BACK DESIGN... Yes, 3 parallel horizontal lines, top &
bottom and 3 rectangles in center Yes, 7 parallel horizontal lines in the center None
(12) BACK TAB - There should be a tab on the camera
back to help open the back. What material is the tab made of?
SELECT BACK TAB
MATERIAL... Canvas Leather No Tab
(13) PRESSURE PLATE - Inside of the camera back is a
plate designed to hold the film flat. How is the plate mounted?
PLATE... Fixed, plastic Floating, chrome mounted on a flexible metal band Other, please describe below
(14) SPROCKETS - Inside the camera, the film
sprocket(s) are to the right of the lens opening. Does your camera have:
DESCRIBE SPROCKET(S) Single toothed wheel A spool with two toothed wheels near the top
(15) SPROCKET COLOR - What color is the sprocket in
COLOR... Brass colored Aluminum colored
(16) TAKE UP SPOOL - To the left of the lens opening
the film takeup spool. It has a vertical slit in it and turns when you
turn the wind knob on top of the camera. What color is the spool?
SELECT SPOOL COLOR... Brass colored Black Aluminum Colored
(17) ORIGINAL PURCHASE DATE - Do you know when your
camera was originally purchased (new)?
(18) OTHER HISTORY - Do you know any other history of
(19) COMMENTS - Please provide any additional
about your camera:
(20) FULL NAME (optional):
(21) EMAIL ADDRESS: (optional & will be kept